BYB4B Contributions Since 2005
- $20,000.00 - Breast Cancer
- $30,000.00 - Uterine & Ovarian Cancer
- $30,000.00 - Thyroid Cancer
- $30,000.00 - Leukemia & Lymphoma
- $25,000.00 - Sick Kids Liver Transplant Program
- $25,000.00 - Ottawa Heart Institute
- $25,000.00 - CHEO
- $30,000.00 - Roger's House
- $20,000.00 - Do It For Daron (D.I.F.D.)
- $20,000.00 - Alzheimer Society of Lanark County
- $10,000.00 - Arnprior Hospital
- $10,000.00 - Almonte General Hospital
- $25,000.00 - Mississippi Mills Fire Dept
- $36,000.00 - Community Funds
Anonymous Donor Contributions
- $10,000.00 - Roger's House
- $10,000.00 - Do It For Daron (D.I.F.D.)
$356,000.00 Total to Date
What is Burn your Bra for Bev?
The Burn your Bra fundraising dinner was initially inspired by Jody Gleeson as a way for her to support and create awareness for a disease that hits close to home after the tragic loss of her mother. In doing so Jody brought together some friends and family who had experienced similar losses. After the huge success of the first Burn your Bra for Breast Cancer dinner in 2005 which raised over $20, 000, it was decided that this would become an annual event each year supporting different causes.
Tragically, in 2006 the committee experienced a great loss the sudden passing of Bev Griffith. For that reason, Burn your Bra will now be known as Burn your Bra for Bev (BYB4B), in order to commemorate the impact she will forever have on our devotion to the causes. The sadness translated into motivation and commitment to date Burn your Bra for Bev has raised over $350, 000.